Pump Repair Technician
Location: El Paso, TX Classification: Non-Exempt Reports To: General Manager in B-Shop Mechanical
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Ensure smooth operation of various industries including manufacturing, agriculture and water treatment. Review work orders and specifications on simultaneous projects to diagnose and repair various types of pumps, including centrifugal, positive displacement and submersible pumps. This requires knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, machines, tools including their design, uses repair and maintenance.
Essential Skills & Functions
• Inspect and troubleshoot pump to determine any issues with wear and tear or damage
• Perform routine maintenance on pumps such as lubrication and cleaning to ensure pumps operate efficiently and safely.
• Install and repair pumps and other equipment including replacing motors, seals, bearings and other parts as needed.
• Maintain records of maintenance activities and repair work performed on pumps.
• Utilize experience for removal and installation of pumps.
• Test pump to ensure proper operation prior to final installation.
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to climb, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, kneel, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull, reach overhead and stand for 8 or more hours a day.
• Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
• Ability to work in varying temperatures indoor/outdoor, depending upon season.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to hear well, naturally or corrected.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, typically 7:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. However, Evenings, Overtime, Saturday and Sunday may be required to meet business demand.
Working environment may include indoor/outdoor sites and will require constant vigilance and care. Frequency in exposure to dust, protective finishes, mechanical parts, electricity, noise and vibration.
May be required with the use of a company vehicle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Must show eligibility to work in U.S.A.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and staff.
- Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience in an industrial setting.
- Prefer 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of pump systems and be able to read technical manuals and schematics.
- Must be able to disassemble, evaluate and repair industrial pumps.
- Must have basic tools to complete tasks in this trade.