Classification: Salaried/Exempt Reports To: General Manager / Motors
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Perform machine and tool work on various mechanical assemblies as needed. The machinist must be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings. The machinist must understand the tolerances and finishes required for every specific job. The ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems is essential, as is the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and quality in the scope of the assignment.
Essential Skills & Functions
• Perform set-up operation of various machine tools in order to accomplish production machinery functions.
• Use milling, drilling, grinding and other various machines.
• Ability to decipher sketches, blueprints and engineering details.
• Provide assistance in establishing set up and layout methods, order of operations and application of required parts and materials.
• Plans, devises and fabricates various tools, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures within precise specifications.
• Modify or repair existing tools and dies.
• Plan and produce metal forms, or reconstruct various damaged metal equipment.
• Knowledgeable in welding and fabrication.
• Continuously inspect quality of own tool work with precision measuring equipment and specialized gauges.
• Identify opportunities for improvement related to tool/process design to Engineering.
• Maintain good departmental housekeeping for safe and efficient operations.
• Understand and follow all safety related standards and practices.
• Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to climb, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, kneel, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull, reach overhead and stand for 8 or more hours a day.
• Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
• Ability to work in varying temperatures indoor/outdoor, depending upon season.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to hear well, naturally or corrected.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, typically 7:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. However, Evenings, Overtime, Saturday and Sunday may be required to meet the business demand.
Working environment may include indoor/outdoor areas/sites and will require constant vigilance and care. Frequency in exposure to dust, protective finishes, mechanical parts, electricity, noise and vibration.
May be required with the use of a company vehicle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Must show eligibility to work in U.S.A.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Prefer 5+ years experience in operation of manual lathes.
- Technical understanding of manual machines and their components.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.