Inside Sales Associate
Location: El Paso, TX Classification: Non-Exempt Reports To: General Manager in Sales
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Offer our customers electrical solutions from our vendors such as Siemens, ABB, Eaton and others. This individual will generate sales revenue with existing and new customers in assigned industries/accounts and will develop/expand existing customer accounts and orchestrate the development of long lasting and meaningful relationships with customers. The candidate must be a self-starter and problem solver to obtain material pricing, lead times, create quotes with appropriate margins and follow-up with customers, with oversight and assistance from the General Manager and/or Application Engineers.
Essential Skills & Functions
• Maintain relationships with existing customer base while generating new relationships with the support of external sales resources. Ensure excellent customer service by selling products, service, quality, knowledge and integrity.
• Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to customers during inbound calls.
• Provide timely quotations for products and services following current sales policies.
• Learn and evaluate customer operations to aid in identifying customer needs, requirements and objectives in order to accurately quote the correct product/solution and find additional sales opportunities.
• Prepare weekly reports to include current projects, completed jobs and profit margins.
• Ensure inventory is accounted for and in good order.
• Ship and receive items efficiently.
• A working level technical knowledge of electric motors, VFD’s, controls, starters, contactors, etc. is desired.
• Record all departmental inventory account adjustments and corresponding expense account adjustments.
• Assist in collecting accounts receivable.
• Perform operational support including completing and sending quotes, invoicing, customer, follow-up, status communication with customers, buying from vendors and vendor management and timely completion of end-of-month closing.
• Maintain organized and professional work area.
• Assist other office departments with skilled and non-skilled duties as approved by supervisor.
• Effectively multi-task and prioritize accurately and timely.
• Frequently lift up to 20 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, squat, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull and sit/stand for 8 or more hours a day.
• Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, typically 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. However, evenings, overtime and weekends may be required occasionally to fulfill the business demand.
Working environment includes indoor/outdoor and warehouse areas.
May be required with the use of a company vehicle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Must show eligibility to work in U.S.A.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in Electric Motor and Controls Knowledge.
- Must have 3+ years of Electric Motor and Controls Sales Experience.
- Associated Degree in either Business Administration or Accounting or 4 years job related experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and staff.
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual in Spanish & English is a plus.