Administrative Accounting Clerk
Classification: Non-Exempt Reports To: Manager in Administration
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to all departments including but not limited to processing inquiries, purchase orders and assisting with collections. Daily communication with customer and vendors.
Essential Skills & Functions
• Provide front office support; Professionally greet guests and visitors.
• Process incoming mail; distribute accordingly. Process outgoing mail.
• Maintain inventory for departmental office supplies and process orders for supplies in a timely fashion.
• Provide administrative support for Human Resources as needed.
• Provide support to other divisions as needed.
• Proficient in AR/AP.
• Outstanding data entry skills.
• Assist in collecting accounts receivable.
• Assist in conducting credit research on prospective account as directed by supervisor.
• Perform division support up to completing and sending quotes, invoicing, customer follow-up, status communication with customers, buying from vendors and vendor management and timely completion time entry sheets.
• Maintain organized and professional work area.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and reasoning abilities while utilizing strategy and creativity.
• Effectively multi-task and prioritize accurately and timely.
• Build and run custom reports.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to learn new systems.
• Ability to work with confidential information.
• Frequently lift up to 20 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, squat, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull and sit/stand for 8 or more hours a day.
• Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, typically 7:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. However, evenings, overtime and weekends may be required occasionally to fulfill the business demand.
Working environment may include indoor/outdoor areas in various departments and will require vigilance and care.
May be required with the use of a company vehicle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Must show eligibility to work in U.S.A.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience working in an office environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and staff.
- Must be able to handle incoming calls and walk-ins.
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.