Apprentice Millwright / Industrial Mechanic
Location: El Paso, TX Classification:Non-Exempt Reports To: General Manager in E-Shop Mechanical
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Review work orders and specifications on simultaneous projects to determine materials needed to prioritize and process the accurate completion of a job. This requires knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, machines, tools including their design, uses repair and maintenance.
Essential Skills & Functions
• Working knowledge of testing devices related to electrical and mechanical trades to troubleshoot systems.
• Overseeing preventive maintenance by identifying and correcting potential issues, removing worn out pieces and lubricating mechanical parts.
• Identifying and repairing problematic parts of a machine by running tests, making temporary repairs when necessary and installing new parts as needed.
• Knowledge of machinery or equipment usage such as forklift, cranes, lifts, hoists, etc.
• Perform routine checks and upkeep of machines and equipment.
• Manage the layout and placement of equipment and machinery in factory settings to ensure minimum downtime.
• Knowledge of technical blueprints.
• Joining pipe: including metal pipe threading, PVC joining and copper pipe sweating.
• Stick, MIG and TIG welding
• Evaluation and correction of conveyor belt tracking.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of lock-out/tag-out program with regards to OSHA 29 CFR 19190.147 control of hazardous equipment.
• Must work in full compliance with approved safety regulations.
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to climb, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, kneel, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull, reach overhead and stand for 8 or more hours a day.
• Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
• Ability to work in varying temperatures indoor/outdoor, depending upon season.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to hear well, naturally or corrected.
• Flexibility and dexterity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, typically 7:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. However, Evenings, Overtime, Saturday and Sunday may be required to meet business demand.
Working environment may include indoor/outdoor sites and will require constant vigilance and care. Frequency in exposure to dust, protective finishes, mechanical parts, electricity, noise and vibration.
Ability to be a team player due to constant interactions with similar employees and stakeholders such as Engineers, Plant Managers and Part Vendors.
May be required with the use of a company vehicle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Must show eligibility to work in U.S.A.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and staff.
- Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience in an industrial setting.
- Prefer 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Must have basic tools to complete tasks in this trade.