Accounting Clerk AR/AP
Location: El Paso, TX Classification: Non-Exempt Reports To: General Manager in Administration
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Manage all accounting functions. Directs the establishment and maintenance of the organization’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures for the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of its internal financial reports.
Essential Skills & Functions
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
• Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data and comparing system reports to balances to ensure payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices or payment discrepancies and documentation.
• Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
• Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
• Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
• Understand expense accounts and cost centers
• Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
• Assist other office departments with skilled and non-skilled duties as approved by supervisor.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and reasoning abilities while utilizing strategy and creativity.
• Effectively multi-task and prioritize accurately and timely.
• Establish credibility and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work with confidential information.
• Frequently lift up to 20 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, squat, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull and sit/stand for 8 or more hours a day.
• Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, typically 7:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. However, evenings, overtime and weekends may be required occasionally to fulfill the business demand.
Working environment may include indoor/outdoor sites and will require vigilance and care.
May be required with the use of a company vehicle.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Must show eligibility to work in U.S.A.
- Proven work experience as Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Associated Degree in either Business Administration or Accounting or 4 years job related experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
- Data entry skills.
- Experience with spreadsheets and accounting computer application systems.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and staff.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.